FJC – Solano Strategic Reimagining Meetings
Thanks to everyone who joined us for Strategic Reimagining meetings for a survivor-centered and joyful Family Justice Center Solano! We’re so grateful to be in a county where over 100 people from county agencies, courts, nonprofit organizations and our community dedicated two precious days to consider how the Family Justice Center can best support DV/IPV survivors in Solano County—and then pledged to work together to make our shared vision a reality.
- Moving stories of hope and change from survivors to thrivers: Contra Costa Family Justice Navigator Marisol Martinez and consultant Janell Coleman
- Meeting each other to strengthen our networks across Solano County
- Designing a collective vision for a client-focused Family Justice Center that includes shelter, legal assistance, counseling, dental services, children’s programs, cooking, gardening, and animals!
- Lifting up values that nurture the vision—survivor-centered, diversity, racial equity, transparency, commitment, safety, trust, and many more
- Thinking strategically to overcome blocks and barriers
- Brainstorming together about resources, education, fundraising for a sustainable Center, and facilities designed to welcome survivors and their families
Our efforts were deepened by the presence of survivors in the room. Many of us come with lived experiences and carry the light that hope and healing is possible. We thank you for sharing your personal knowledge, professional expertise, your hopes and your dreams with us. We thank Casey Gwinn and Gael Strack of Alliance for Hope International for inspiring facilitation. This Daily Republic article shares the story with our Solano community.